Architectural Designer (Evansville)
Morley is seeking an architectural designer to join our Evansville architecture team. The architectural designer will manage and coordinate projects through schematic design, design development, construction documents, bidding, and construction administration phases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and mange architecture projects from the initial client meeting through the construction phase.
- Design and draw improvements for commercial projects including retail spaces, offices, restaurants, schools, and industrial projects.
- Complete new construction designs, renderings, and drawings utilizing AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Revit for public and commercial projects.
- Prepare necessary documents and drawings for public bid projects.
- Coordinate work and communicate findings with the Morley engineering and surveying departments as needed for projects.
- Adhere to Morley safety policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Able to travel out of town occasionally.
Skills and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Architectural Studies, or CAD required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit required.
- 3+ years of architecture project management experience
- Efficient with computers and proficient in MS Office software.
- Relational: Has strong interpersonal skills and understands customer service. Maintains a professional, courteous and respectful relationship with clients.
- Curious: Seeks to understand by asking good questions, listening well, completing research independently, and asking for advice and direction when needed.
- Work Ethic: Produces significant output with minimal wasted effort. Works well both independently and in a team environment.
- Problem Solver: Uses architectural knowledge combined with common sense to resolve challenging issues.
- Accurate: Completes designs and drawings in a thorough manner and ensures accuracy and compliance to codes.
- Flexible: Able to accept a wide variety of work and do what needs to be done to deliver a project on time.
- Focused: Able to stay focused and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Proactive: Actively seeks to advance knowledge and abilities by learning new technology, methods, and equipment.
The architectural designer position is a full-time salary position. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Pay is dependent on education and work experience. Morley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in applying? Fill out the contact form below.