Land Surveyor (Evansville)
Morley is seeking a land surveyor to join our Evansville surveying team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform construction staking, boundary, topographic, ALTA/NSPS, bathymetric, mine, CSX Railroad, retracement, and elevation surveys.
- Perform duties of rodman, instrument person, party chief, or one-man crew depending on experience or as job assignments warrant.
- Maintain accurate, detailed and professional field notes, computations, and sketches to adequately record and describe work performed.
- Operate, maintain, and calibrate equipment including but not limited to: Trimble Robotic Total Stations, Trimble R12, R10, and R8 GPS Equipment, Trimble TSC7, TSC5, and TSC3 Data Collectors, and Trimble Digital Levels.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data by conducting measurements and computations at survey sites.
- Upload and download data from data collectors.
- Read and interpret deeds, plats, plans, and specifications.
- Perform record research including legal records, survey records, and land titles on occasion.
- Adhere to Morley safety policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and operate a motor vehicle safely.
- Pass a 10-panel drug screen test.
- Able to travel out of town occasionally.
Skills and Experience
- Associates Degree in Land Surveying or 2 years of experience in land surveying required.
- High School Diploma required.
- Proficient with MS Office and basic knowledge of AutoCAD or Civil3D software.
- Relational: Has strong interpersonal skills and understands customer service. Maintains a professional, courteous and respectful relationship with clients and staff.
- Work Ethic: Produces significant output with minimal wasted effort. Works well both independently and in a team environment.
- Problem Solver: Understands and interprets data and troubleshoots on the job site.
- Accurate: Completes tasks, notes, and computations in a thorough manner and ensures accuracy by verifying data prior to work submittal.
- Flexible: Able to accept a wide variety of work and do what needs to be done even if means pulling off one assignment to satisfy another client’s needs.
- Focused: Able to stay focused and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Proactive: Actively seeks to advance knowledge and abilities by learning new technology and equipment.
- Able to routinely lift and carry 25 lbs. of survey equipment and on occasion lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to carry survey equipment in remote, rural, and urban settings.
- Able to regularly walk, stand, squat, crouch, and stoop.
- Able to work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
- Able to traverse rough, rocky, and slippery surfaces.
The Evansville land surveyor position is a full-time hourly role with occasional weekend and overtime work required. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Pay is dependent on education and work experience. Morley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in applying? Fill out the contact form below.