Licensed Architect (Evansville)
Morley is seeking a licensed architect to join our Evansville architecture team. The team completes as-built drawings, lease outline drawings, and new construction designs, renderings, and drawings for public, commercial, and industrial projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete as-built and lease outline drawings for commercial projects including retail spaces, offices, restaurants, schools, and industrial projects.
- Design and draw improvements for commercial projects including retail spaces, offices, restaurants, schools, and industrial projects.
- Complete new construction designs, renderings, and drawings utilizing AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Revit for public and commercial projects.
- Prepare construction cost estimates for clients as requested.
- Prepare necessary documents and drawings for public bid projects.
- Prepare bid estimates and proposals for new architecture projects.
- Mentor and train junior architects.
- Coordinate work and communicate findings with the Morley engineering and surveying departments as needed for projects.
- Adhere to Morley safety policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Able to travel out of town occasionally.
Skills and Experience
- Current architecture license in at least one state required, Indiana preferred.
- NAAB Accredited B.Arch or M.Arch required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit required.
- Efficient with computers and proficient in MS Office software.
- 4+ years architectural experience.
- Leader: Inspires and motivates others. Leads by example through an exemplary work ethic and character.
- Relational: Has strong interpersonal skills and understands customer service. Maintains a professional, courteous and respectful relationship with clients.
- Work Ethic: Produces significant output with minimal wasted effort. Works well both independently and in a team environment.
- Problem Solver: Understands and interprets data and troubleshoots when needed. Uses architectural knowledge combined with common sense to resolve challenging issues.
- Accurate: Reviews designs and drawings in a thorough manner and ensures accuracy and compliance to codes.
- Flexible: Able to accept a wide variety of work and do what needs to be done to deliver a project on time.
- Focused: Able to stay focused and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Proactive: Actively seeks to advance knowledge and abilities by learning new technology and equipment.
The Evansville licensed architect position is a full-time salary role. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Pay is dependent on education and work experience. Morley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in applying? Fill out the contact form below.