Professional Civil Engineer (Evansville)
Morley is seeking a professional civil engineer to join our Evansville engineering team. Morley civil engineers complete site, roadway, storm water drainage, erosion control, sanitary sewer, and potable water designs for residential, commercial, and industrial developments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete site designs and layouts for residential, commercial, and industrial developments including roadways, sidewalks, parking lots, storm water drainage, erosion control, sanitary sewer, and potable water.
- Write storm water drainage and erosion control reports complying with federal, state, and local laws.
- Coordinate with federal, state, and local authorities to receive required permitting and/or rezoning for projects.
- Estimate construction costs for roadways, storm water drainage, sanitary sewer, and potable water for residential subdivision clients.
- Prepare bid estimates and proposals for new engineering projects.
- Mentor and train junior engineers.
- Coordinate work and communicate findings with the Morley Architecture and Surveying departments as needed for projects.
- Adhere to Morley safety policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Able to travel out of town occasionally.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required.
- Indiana PE license required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil3D software.
- Efficient with computers and proficient in MS Office software.
- 4+ years of experience in civil engineering
- Site, roadway, storm water drainage, erosion control, sanitary sewer, and potable water design experience or similar experience required.
- Leader: Inspires and motivates others. Leads by example through an exemplary work ethic and character.
- Relational: Has strong interpersonal skills and understands customer service. Maintains a professional, courteous, and respectful relationship with clients and staff.
- Work Ethic: Produces significant output with minimal wasted effort. Works well both independently and in a team environment.
- Problem Solver: Understands and interprets data and troubleshoots when needed. Uses engineering knowledge combined with common sense to resolve challenging issues.
- Accurate: Completes designs, calculations, and reports in a thorough manner and ensures accuracy and compliance to codes by verifying data prior to work submittal.
- Flexible: Able to accept a wide variety of work and do what needs to be done even if means going out in the field and being a survey crew team member occasionally.
- Focused: Able to stay focused and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Proactive: Actively seeks to advance knowledge and abilities by learning new technology and equipment.
The professional civil engineer is a full-time salary position. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Pay is dependent on education and work experience. Morley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in applying? Fill out the contact form below.