Professional Land Surveyor (Evansville)
Morley is seeking a professional land surveyor to join our Evansville surveying team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, design, and layout surveys in AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Read and interpret deeds, plats, plans, and specifications.
- Write legal descriptions and surveyor location reports.
- Design, layout, and plat subdivions.
- Perform record research including legal records, survey records, and land titles.
- Coordinate work and communicate findings with the Architecture and Engineering departments as needed for projects.
- Adhere to Morley safety policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and operate a motor vehicle safely.
- Pass a 10-panel drug screen test.
- Able to travel out of town occasionally.
Skills and Experience
- Professional Surveyor license in the state of Indiana required or ability to obtain a license promptly through reciprocity or reinstatement.
- Proficient in MS Office and AutoCAD Civil3D software.
- Relational: Has strong interpersonal skills and understands customer service. Maintains a professional, courteous, and respectful relationship with clients.
- Work Ethic: Produces significant output with minimal wasted effort. Works well both independently and in a team environment.
- Problem Solver: Understands and interprets data and troubleshoots on the job site when needed. Uses basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry to complete survey calculations.
- Accurate: Completes tasks, notes, and computations in a thorough manner and ensures accuracy by verifying data prior to work submittal.
- Flexible: Able to accept a wide variety of work and do what needs to be done even if means pulling off one assignment to satisfy another client’s needs.
- Focused: Able to stay focused and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Proactive: Actively seeks to advance knowledge and abilities by learning new technology and equipment.
The Evansville professional land surveyor position is a full-time salary role. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Pay is dependent on education and work experience. Morley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in applying? Fill out the contact form below.