Professional Surveyor (Evansville)
Morley is seeking a professional surveyor to join our Evansville surveying team.
You love the land but prefer to work in an office setting. You are good with people and enjoy interacting with clients. You are a leader by nature and you enjoy working in a team. You are a problem solver and have an affinity for numbers. You are an excellent researcher and you don’t give up until you find what you need. You are detailed oriented and notice discrepancies between the plan and reality. You are looking for an opportunity to grow and further expand your career with a well-established firm.
Morley is a 40-year strong architecture, engineering, and surveying firm built on family tradition and decades of experience, founded in Evansville, IN. We value relationships, trust, and hard work. We are dedicated to our employees and to our clients. We seek to be the best in our industry and the one a client calls when they want it done right. We treat our clients and our employees like family, and we expect you to do the same. We strive for excellence and want you to be the best at your job. We have offices in Evansville, IN, Nashville, TN, and Owensboro, KY.
About the Work
Your work literally connects the dots between the data collected by the survey crews and the information needed by the clients. You provide the detailed layouts of the shape and contour of the Earth’s surface for construction projects, site layouts, and subdivision designs. In addition to the data collected by the survey crew, you perform research to establish property corners and boundary lines. You prepare reports to document your findings and provide legal descriptions as needed for projects. Morley works primarily with private development clients and completes a wide variety of land surveys.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, design, and layout surveys in AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Read and interpret deeds, plats, plans, and specifications.
- Write legal descriptions and surveyor location reports.
- Design, layout, and plat subdivions.
- Perform record research including legal records, survey records, and land titles.
- Coordinate work and communicate findings with the Architecture and Engineering departments as needed for projects.
- Adhere to Morley safety policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and operate a motor vehicle safely.
- Pass a 10-panel drug screen test.
- Able to travel out of town occasionally.
Skills and Experience
- Professional Surveyor license in the state of Indiana required or ability to obtain a license promptly through reciprocity or reinstatement.
- Proficient in MS Office and AutoCAD Civil3D software.
- Relational: Has strong interpersonal skills and understands customer service. Maintains a professional, courteous, and respectful relationship with clients.
- Work Ethic: Produces significant output with minimal wasted effort. Works well both independently and in a team environment.
- Problem Solver: Understands and interprets data and troubleshoots on the job site when needed. Uses basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry to complete survey calculations.
- Accurate: Completes tasks, notes, and computations in a thorough manner and ensures accuracy by verifying data prior to work submittal.
- Flexible: Able to accept a wide variety of work and do what needs to be done even if means pulling off one assignment to satisfy another client’s needs.
- Focused: Able to stay focused and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Proactive: Actively seeks to advance knowledge and abilities by learning new technology and equipment.
The Evansville professional surveyor position is a full-time salary role. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Pay is dependent on education and work experience. Morley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in applying? Fill out the contact form below.