Professional Surveyor (Owensboro)
Morley is seeking a professional surveyor to lead the surveying department of the Owensboro branch office.
You like the idea of getting in on the ground floor and starting something new. You are good with people and enjoy interacting with clients. You enjoy the concept of field to finish allowing you to work both inside and outside in the field of surveying. You are a leader by nature, and you have always wanted the opportunity to build your own team. You are looking for an opportunity to grow and further expand your career.
Morley is a 40-year strong architecture, engineering, and surveying firm built on family tradition and decades of experience, founded in Evansville, IN. We value relationships, trust, and hard work. We are dedicated to our employees and to our clients. We seek to be the best in our industry and the one a client calls when they want it done right. We treat our clients and our employees like family, and we expect you to do the same. We strive for excellence and want you to be the best at your job. We have offices in Evansville, IN, Nashville, TN, and Owensboro, KY.
About the Work
Morley is a well-respected architecture, engineering, and surveying firm in Evansville, IN and has been for over 40 years. We are expanding our knowledge and expertise to Owensboro, KY and recently opened a branch office. We are looking for a leader and someone excited about building something new. Morley works primarily with private development clients and completes a wide variety of land surveys. You will use conventional and robotic total stations, GPS equipment, automatic and digital levels, and data collectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform construction staking, boundary, topographic, ALTA/NSPS, bathymetric, mine, CSX Railroad, retracement, and elevation surveys.
- Maintain accurate, detailed and professional field notes, computations, and sketches to adequately record and describe work performed.
- Operate, maintain, and calibrate equipment including but not limited to: Trimble Robotic Total Stations, Trimble R12, R10 and R8 GPS Equipment, Trimble TSC7, TSC5, and TSC3 Data Collectors, and Trimble Digital Levels.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data by conducting measurements and computations at survey sites.
- Upload and download data from data collectors.
- Draft, design, and layout surveys in AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Read and interpret deeds, plats, plans, and specifications.
- Perform record research including legal records, survey records, and land titles.
- Coordinate work and communicate findings with the Evansville office as needed for projects.
- Adhere to Morley safety policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and operate a motor vehicle safely.
- Pass a 10-panel drug screen test.
- Able to travel out of town occasionally.
Skills and Experience
- Professional Surveyor license in the state of Kentucky required or the ability to obtain a license promptly through reciprocity or reinstatement.
- Proficient in MS Office and AutoCAD Civil3D software.
- Relational: Has strong interpersonal skills and understands customer service. Maintains a professional, courteous, and respectful relationship with clients.
- Work Ethic: Produces significant output with minimal wasted effort. Works well both independently and in a team environment.
- Problem Solver: Understands and interprets data and troubleshoots on the job site when needed. Uses basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry to complete survey calculations.
- Accurate: Completes tasks, notes, and computations in a thorough manner and ensures accuracy by verifying data prior to work submittal.
- Flexible: Able to accept a wide variety of work and do what needs to be done even if means pulling off one assignment to satisfy another client’s needs.
- Focused: Able to stay focused and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Proactive: Actively seeks to advance knowledge and abilities by learning new technology and equipment.
- Able to routinely lift and carry 25 lbs. of survey equipment and on occasion lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to carry survey equipment in remote, rural, and urban settings.
- Able to regularly walk, stand, squat, crouch, and stoop.
- Able to work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
- Able to traverse rough, rocky, and slippery surfaces.
The Owensboro professional surveyor position is a full-time salary role. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Pay is dependent on education and work experience. Morley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in applying? Fill out the contact form below.